update on my 55 gal. tank with a question

sphenta

Large Fish
Feb 5, 2008
Michigan
My tank has been set up for a little over 3 weeks. Used media from my other tank. A couple of days after I sent it up, I put three H. Rasboras in it. About a week later I put three more in. My amm. and nitrite never went over 0. On the third week I noticed a brown algea bloom. Checked my water and amm. still 0 and nitrite still 0 and I have 5.0 nitrates. So I did a water change(30%) and added three more H. Rasboras.

The fish I want in the tank are 11 H. Rasboras, 6 julli cory cats, 3 pearl gouramis. But my hubby wants to add one angel fish also. Would that be ok? And if so, which one do I add first? The angel or the gouramis?

Thank you for your help.

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Pearl gouramis should not present a problem, since they are the least aggressive gourami. I have two with an angel in a tank. On the other hand, I have two angels with a gold gourami in another tank and a honey red dwarf gourami with an angel in yet another tank.

sphenta

Large Fish
Feb 5, 2008
Michigan
Ok thank you. What about the Rasboras. Them won't be eaten by the angel? I was thinking 1 male and 2 female gouramis, but if you think just 2 would better then I will go with 2. Don't want no nightmares. LOL Thanks for your help.
Tina

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Any small fish could eventually become a snack. To be honest though, I've had more problems with pictus cats eating my skirt tetras than with the angels.

Good luck finding female pearls at the LFS. Males are usually what you'll find due to the coloration. I'm hoping to find one, myself. I have two males in a 29g and they are just as peaceful as they can be.

sphenta

Large Fish
Feb 5, 2008
Michigan
I know what you mean about the females. Thats why I'm thinking of just getting two. And right now I can not find any pearls at all. Hopefully when I'm ready to add them, I will come across them. Thank you so much.