update time

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Just a quick update...was taking some pictures tonight so i thought i would share. im still working on getting the danged entire tank in focus, but you will get the idea.

still working on the whole tank shot thing...cant seem to get a good focus on everything
if anyone is interested in some more closeups of the corals i have them

fish:

4 blue green chromis
3 bangai cardinals
1 maroon clown
1 eibli's angel (hiding from the camera)

corals:

various zooanthids
various mushrooms
ricordia florida
ricordia yuma
unidentified ricrodia
xenia
sinularia

other inverts:
2 sand sifting stars
1 brittle star
assorted hermits
assorted snails

tommorow i am getting a 5in sarcophyton (mushroom leather) for $20 from a guy who ran out of room in his tank so thats exciting times!

this is a 55 AGA tank with the corner drilled overflow, 30g sump filled to about 20g

suggestions are welcome

Kevin

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
dbacksrat: i have the 260w coralife hood (130w of 10k and 135w of actinic) but now i am kind of wishing i had gotten halides...oh well. some of that LR is 1.5 years old, the rest is about 3 months or so

Lotus: it is mostly the fiji from Drs F&S. some is some old tonga branch and other fiji i got from an LFS in LA and the large branch on the far right and the top left are tonga from an LFS here. the one on the right is a really big piece which composes the entire height and depth and another 4in in to the major pile of the rockwork. i used a lot of putty to try to attach it all so that the entire structure looks like one big piece, nothing irks me more than just a pile of rock.

the little pink spots are calcerous agae spots on the back glass, the green is just green stuff...its pretty hard too though it looks fuzzy. the sides and front are clean...i only scrape the back every now and again but i do the front weekly with the magnet. the left side looks funny and rounded off because it is...from the overflow...the white spots on the overflow are tube worms and there is some calcerous on there too...im starting to get the feeling you and ecotank are thinking of setting up a saltwater

Last edited:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
It's a possibillity. In a few months our 55g will get broken down and the stand will get refinished. After that, we haven't fully decided whether it's going to be SW or for a FW breeding project. We bought the SW books, and have done a little reading, but it's in the far-off planning stages so far. :)

Tank looks great, though. I was just curious about the algae/spots.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
yah im working on the corals slowly...im probably going to keep this tank all softies so the brain is probably out. got a big mushroom leather (sarcophyton) today which is about 5in across when it is shrivvely so when it expands back out in a day or so im going to be really curious how big it is