Update to "help me identify this fish" new pics and behaviour observations!! Plz help

Jun 11, 2011
Canada
Hi. This is a update of sorts to a thread i posted a couple months ago. I told the story of how i came upon him in a batch of feeder guppies from my LFS. The fish was a lil less then a inch when i first asked for help identifying him the first time. I have been keeping my eye on his behaviour and interaction with his tankmates and the tank itself. From what i can see he is none aggressive(as of now, hopefully doesnt turn into a crazy killer when he reaches maturity) and he has a HUGE MOUTH, and he likes to bite on my plants. He seems to be growing a lot faster then any other fish i have kept before. I had him in with some lethrinops lethrinis and had to put separate him because he got so big all of a sudden. Since then, he has almost doubled in size. Here is a description of the fish, followed by some before(when i first posted this thread) and after pictures. ANY HELP or SUGGESTIONS or ANYTHING that will or can help would be very much appreciated. Thanks alot
VERY LARGE mouth, dark brown or black eyes, a dark blue/green body with a red "spot/blotch" "forehead",faint vertical striping, blue and green fins edged in red. Same for tail. VERY thick and deep body. I want to stress the VERY large mouth, its bigger then my oscars mouth at 5 or 6 inches.
Thanks alot for your help and for reading. PLEASE, ANY INFORMATION OR TIPS OR SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT THIS FISH IS WOULD BE GREAT!!

Attachments

Jun 11, 2011
Canada
I checked out that link, i think the fish i have is closer to the male of that species. Not identical tho, the mouths are not thew same. My fish is more 'deep bodied' then the female in the link. I also don't think my fish is female, well not for sure. One thing i forgot to mention is that this fish is not full grown and is quite young actually. I got him in a batch of feeder guppies and those guppies have just recently bred for the first time. I would LOVE for this fish to turn into one like those in that link. Thanks for the help

Jun 11, 2011
Canada
OK. Good news and bad news. First, the good news, i FINALLY got a positive ID on this fish. Bad news is, its not a really cool or rare fish like i had hoped. LOL it is a Oreochromis mossambicus and it is NOT expensive or rare, about 7 or 8 bucks where I live. But, I finally solved our riddle. Lol. We jus happpened upon a tank full of these guys at our LFS. Very cool fish tho. And it is a male of that species as well. Thanks for your help