Update

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I recived my Live rock yesterday and today, todays shipment was 20lbs short, the rest will come in next week, they always say next week, lol. I think I have plenty of LR in the tank so I think I will tell him to just sell it in the store for me, I can use the money for a fish or something. I got the 20K bulbs in yesterday and thought the lights would be in today but I guess it will be tommrow, I am not going to mess with them til Sunday, I have to move the T5s and then put the new lights down the middle, figure I will need the better part of the day to do a good job on them. I was up till 2 am last night messing with the LR and about 3 hours this evening messing with it. Its not exactly the picture I had in my head, well, not even close, lol, but it will do, plenty of hideing places. I will take some pics tommrow and see if I can get them posted for ya'll. I got the skimmer running and its starting to collect alittle bit. My LFS man told me to bring in a water sample Saterday to see where we are at. I figure it will be another week at least before I can get the cleaning crew, the rock I got in today had some growth on the rock, so some of that may die off. Well, thats about all for now, will get the pics posted tommrow.

sunnymittu

Large Fish
Jun 7, 2008
india
live rock amazing....
now you have a job on your hand ,eyes and offcourse heart
by the way where are you planning to place your live rock
in center...or back
putting them in center will leave a front and back space for fishes to swim
and putting rock on back will leave your tank open on the front ....but to make your pets more happy put in center as they will not notice that they are captivated
i have seen fishes with back side rocks little scared to come out
center or back

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Good point Sunnymittu,

That's an often overlooked part of aquascaping. Another advantage to placing the rock more centralized is it makes things easier for water flow and maintenance. Having a "wall of rock" against any of the panes (lol, the back normally ;) ) creates a lot of dead spaces where ditritus can collect. If it's more centralized like a "Boomie" then all one has to do is direct a little flow back there and things stay a lot cleaner.

Chris

sunnymittu

Large Fish
Jun 7, 2008
india
yes but center rocks back rocks both have their plus point and negative points
it depends what you want to keep
center rocks provide two way opening for fishes but less security for fishes
less chance of debris
but in back rock fishes you can make caves where fishes can hide properly
however lot debris can collect as water flows in but doesnot flow out

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I have moved the rocks two more times since I took that Pic, lol. I am happy with the way it is now except for the left side, I need a few more pieces of LR for that side.