Updated tank pics

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Here's a few shots of the tank at six months old (more or less).

New striped mushrooms (a couple of weeks in the tank):

Some hairy mushrooms we got a few days ago:

Full tank shot (yes, there's a clownfish feeding clip in there):

Some of the inhabitants, a few weeks ago:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Ahhh yes I had my secretive wrasse commit suicide this past week by jumping.......and unfortunately i didn't find him until he was a nice red crispy chip......darn, I really liked that fish too......he was always out in the open swimming around.

Nice tank Lotus, I really like the way you have your rock work. Interesting......is that anthis school in there? and the pj cardinals?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
The orange fish in there are McCosker's flasher wrasses.

Unfortunately, the anthias didn't make it out of quarantine :( They came down with ich, one by one, and each died very quickly after the first spots. As soon as I saw the spots, I started doing hyposalinity, but the disease seemed to take them too fast. I'm still really bummed about it.

The PJs are still in there. We have five. One mysteriously died one night. There were no signs of anything at all on him, and there hasn't been any bullying. It was one of those "unexplained" deaths.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I agree.....just think if you had introduced them into the main display....you could have lost everyone. It is sad though just the same as they were a stunning group together. I would love to have a large tank with a group of fairy or flasher wrasses. They can be just as stunning a display as the anthis and somewhat easier to keep. Are these all the same species and do you have a dominant male with a harem of females?