UPDATES

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Ok all, I figured that since I dont really need any help at the moment, that I would just start a new thread to update yall on my lovely Betta =]

Ok, so, he is apparently now addicted to making bubble nests or something, cause i was watching him make his 4th (at least that i have seen) just a few minutes ago!! He's becoming quite the macho man, if you will. I think he sees his reflection in the walls of the tank and thinks that there is another betta intruding on his territory! Silly boy.

Sunday is his weekly water change day and I will use the first round of the Betta Bowl Buddy tabs that ninamarie suggested. I was just wonderign, will I still need to use Stresszyme along with the BBB tabs?

Friday was his second treatment with Clout, and he seems to be doign great. Always wants to eat, always showing off his beautiful fins, and now he is seemingly always making bubble nests!!!

Well, I'm off to bed, gotta get some sleep before church in the morning ;) Ill keep you all posted! Thanks again *thumbsups

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
good good, thats what i figured :) Oh my gosh, he is doing soooo much better!!! I can hardly believe the transformation! its like a miracle *SUPERSMIL man, i can hardly wait for this summer when i can start making his betta get-away tank, haha, its gonna be waaaaaaaay cool :D Ok, ok, ill stop beaming now ;)

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Quick question. I know I should take out the carbon filter when I medicate my tank, but for how long? Is it just the day that I medicate, or is it until the medication is done, becuase if that is the case then my tank won't be filtered for another 18 days....because i have to medicate every 3 days and I have 6 treatments left...just wondering.

But Flounder is still doing well, I think he's a little upset about something right now because he hasn't made a bubble nest that I've seen for a few days :( sad times...

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Haha, ok, I'm not too worried about him, and ya, i couldnt imagine making a bubble nest -geez! so much gulping air and spitting it out, and those bubbles, they just keep POPPING!! haha.

I'm still treating him with the Clout tablet (1/10 of the tablet every three days)

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
The 5th Clout treatment is due for tomorrow (Sunday). Any suggestions about the filter? If not, then I think I'll just keep taking the filter out for the first day of treatment and then putting it back in for the next two days until I re-treat the water

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Well, we survived the, what was supposed to be a 3hour trip, 5hour drive back to College Station (horrible weather and horrible tarffic). I did his weekly water change and put in his 5th treatment of Clout. I'm just continuing to leave the filter out for a day after I treat the tank, and then putting it back in between treatments...cause, imo, 18days is just too long without a filter running...let me know if you have any other suggestions about the filter issue...Thanks!

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
Ya, 18 days is a long time, except thats not even the total treatment time! The total time is 30days!!

But he is looking soooo much better, the black edging on his gills is starting to go away finally, and his gills are no longer inflamed, he plays mr. territorial quite well, he doesn't clump up his beautiful fins anymore. all in all, he is doing quite well :)

haha, Coolfish, i'm not ready to tackle breeding, lol. I wont be able to do that for a really long time - too much of an extra time commitment for someone working on a double-major with a minor ;), not to mention the money involved :)

pigs_fly

Large Fish
Jan 24, 2006
Texas
hehe, ya, I'd have to agree, that he is probably not saying that.....:eek: Aww, how is old Eddie these days? Do you think my current filter schedule is ok? just taking it out for the initial day of treatment and then putting it back in between treatments?