Upgrading 10g nano SW to a 29. Suggestions??

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
I’m about to upgrade my 10g nano to a 29g. I have found a free tank (just the glass tank…no canopy, etc.) that I will pick up today. I’ll have to buy a glass canopy. Current tank---> http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/nano-saltwater-discussion/52730-plans-10-gallon-nano.html

I intend to replace my 20” 40w Current Satellite with a 130w Dual Satellite. I don’t plan on having anything more than some zoas and ‘shrooms, so this should be fine.

I’m leaning towards either a Red Sea Prizm Deluxe skimmer or an AquaC Remora (I’m favoring the Remora at the moment). Does any one have experience with either? I know with a 10g the skimmer is not required if you keep up the pwc’s. Is this the same for a 29? I might need to wait until later before buying the skimmer.

My Koralia Nano power head will go into the new tank. Should I buy a Koralia 1 or 2? GPH would be either 640 or 840 depending on which one I use. I use an AquaClear HOB filter for added circulation at the top on my 10g and this will be used on the 29g, too.

I’ll be switching out my crushed coral with Carib Sea White Marine Sand. I don’t really care for the look that I have now.

Suggestions/comments are welcome.

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Picked up the two tanks today. Looks good so far; will have to fill with water and make sure. After that I'll be painting the back glass black.

Gotta paint a 55g tank someone gave me Jan. 1st sometime this weekend, too.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
I have 2 Hydor nano's in my 29g, I have a few pieces of sps but mostly soft corals.. If you want more sps I would get a 1 for sure.. As far as the skimmer goes I would recomend the remora alot of people use em and for the price they are a good skimmer..

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Got some rock today for the tank. A buddy of mine gave me 68 pounds of rock (and a bag of salt).

On the way back home I took a detour down some back roads and came across this (plus 4 or 5 others):

My free live rock might not have been worth it had I hit one of these going around a blind curve.