Urgent need quick response

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
I looked into my tank and my catfish has no eye. I think (actually know) that my Gourami ate his eye. What do I do? He is swimming normally but the other 2 dont want to school with him, he was sitting under the ornament when I noticed as if he was ill. Could he be suffering? The Gourami keeps following him. What should I do? Thanx.

PlecoCollector

Superstar Fish
Aug 21, 2005
Clinton, NY
I had that happen to one of my Cory Cats awhile back. I isolated him in a floating breeder trap, but released him back into the tank later since he was doing better. It would probably help to isolate him in a seperate tank if you can and treat him with Melafix to help heal it. I hope he does okay :eek:

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I would either return the gourami or the cories... he'll probably attack them in the near future, and think of how it would be to be one of the cories, constantly worrying about the gourami... I'd never sleep at night, knowing my roommate wanted to chew out my eyeballs.

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
Gup, I'd rather live in the dark closet than with a guy waiting to chew out my eyeballs, I don't think the cories will mind for the time being until you can get something more suitable. Even a rubbermaid container with a sponge filter would be preferable, and roomier too.

amd

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
north carolina asheville area
if i had to fear my roomate eating my eyes out of my skull at night, id shoot him, with the new romanian AK-47 i got at the gun show a few days ago, i love kalisnakovs, sry had to brag. anyway, get rid of one or the other, if he did it to one surly all will be next, seperate them or return, and sry for your loss

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Petsmart will take fish back, just don't expect any money. Tell them that the fish was aggressive and you just don't want him anymore... they sell them, so they can house them. They took back my paradise fish after he ate out a tetra's eye (still have the tetra :) ), that's where I had gotten him from and it had been at least a month that I had him, no reciept.