Used Tank, Maybe

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I have really been shopping for a new tank and have one quote from Miracles Aquariums and waiting on quotes from a few more. A lady that I know has her 180g 72x24x?? (its a nice tank) for sell, she was wanting to sell the whole shooting match to one person tanks stand canopy equipment corals fish, the whole thing. I told her two weeks ago if she decided to part out to give me a shout,well she shouted today. She told me I could have the canopy stand and tank for $300.00. I told her to figure the price and include the Calcium reactor, sump, skimmer. Haven't heard back from her yet, am sure she is checking with her hubby. Its not the 30inch wide tank that I wanted but I think I can live with it. Oh, the price I got from Miracles, tank only with shipping 72x30x25 with starphire glass on the sides and front $2,400.00

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I bought the tank, stand and canopy only. I kinda thought they wanted a bit much for everything else. Will have to wait till they sell all of the fish corals and live rock before I can get the tank. Its 72x24x24

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I won't be in any hurry, as I want to get all the right equipment when sitting up the tank. Don't get me wrong here, the lady that has the tank, this was her baby and she kept really good care of it. The only thing I am worried about is the tank is kinda old, do you think the seams could be an issue, the tank dosn't leak, not a hint of a leak, just something I am worried about.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
The only thing I hate about the new tank, the 125g is sitting right where the 180g will have to go. I let the wife and the LFS man talk me into putting the 125g against that wall and I knew better. My mistake. That ought to be a stickey: Don't put your first tank in the prime location, because you will want to upgrade, lol.

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea it was a pain breaking down my 125g amd putting everything in buckets and moving the tank over 2' than put everything back in ... that way i can take my time with the new build... i think ive taken long enough! :p