UV Sterilizer

Feb 25, 2006
Texas
I do need some information about the benefit of UV Sterilizers. I have a 75 gallon tank set up with a canister filter 70 lbs of live rock four power heads and presently two clown fish, four large snails, five hermit crabs, two peppermint shrimp. The tank has been up for one month and I do 25% water change out every week. How usefull would the sterilizer be in preventing diseases like ICK from getting hold in my tank. Second question what is the best type of food for the clownfish I have tried some frozen food packagets (various types within) but the clownfish don't seem to want it. Will they eat flake food?

Thanks Roger

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
Save the money from the UV and buy a skmmer (seems as if you dont have one already.) A skimmer will be ten fold more beneficial to your tank than a UV steralizer

CLowns arent picky eaters (in my expereince and from what Ive heard) Mine went for thawed frozen mysis the first night and would also devour (sp) falke or small pellets.

shwnicus

Large Fish
Feb 22, 2006
Kirkwood, MO
Roger Clark said:
Second question what is the best type of food for the clownfish I have tried some frozen food packagets (various types within) but the clownfish don't seem to want it. Will they eat flake food?
what kind of clownfish? I'm not sure about some of the more finicky species (skunks, etc) but my occellaris clowns inhale flake food. seriously, they almost come out of the water to get it!