Vegies

May 7, 2010
I finally have my 55 gallon tank stable and have gotten more fish and added 2 live plants and a week later now it is still stable according to my api tests. Fish are all alive and looking fantastic.

My question is do you blanch the zucchini and other veggies before putting them in or just put them in fresh?

1 algea eater
5 zebra danios
2 black mollies
3 gold platys
today I am picking up 5 glowfish or basicly more zebra danios that are called glowfish.

Feb 27, 2009
I put veggies in the microwave for 15-20 seconds for zucchini, sweet potato, and greens. The only exception is for cucumber, it seems soft enough just fresh that it gets eaten right away.

ryanoh

Large Fish
Mar 22, 2010
I buy mine frozen, so I have to run hot water on them to thaw them out, then its just a matter of getting them to sink. I'd been dropping them in speared on a bolt, but I got tired of having to get the bolt out and rigged up something with a plastic for rubberbanded to by magnetic algae scraper. Its a really easy way to get the leftovers out a few days later, too.

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
If I'm lazy and don't want to get a pot out, I just pour boiling water from the kettle over a piece of zucchini then tie it to a small rock with an elastic band.
But I like your microwave technique OC - don't even have to boil water ;)