Very sick Gourami

loch

Small Fish
Jul 30, 2006
My Honey Dwarf Gourami has been lying on the bottom of the tank like a dead fish for like 3 days, it only swims a bit (sometimes swims in whirling motion) and lies down again immediately.

Please help!!

(I have just put it in a separate tank with the existing water mixed with new water)

loch

Small Fish
Jul 30, 2006
Let me give you some background. it is a 9" tank, there are 3 zebra and 2 Gourami. however, after i put a plant which is attached to a wood, the water becomes acidic (ph7 to ph 5.5/6). a few weeks later, a gourami becomes sick and died. After that, everything seems ok except that the water is still acidic, then one month later, this Gourami gets sick also. I changed half of the water and add some salts as suggested by the pet shop people. but still not much improvement. ( i do not use water conditioner but i will leave the tap water overnight before i use it)

how could i help the fish?

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
Loch,

Yeah we are going to need your water levels (Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite)

I guess it wouldn't hurt to boil, but wait untill someone else responds, I don't think I have every heard of anyone boiling water for a fish tank.

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
loch if it isn't to much I would go to the store and pick up some water conditioner. If not let the water sit out for atleast 4 hours. Thats what my father in law does. But we could have different water supply.