VisiTherm Stealth Heater

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
Does anyone have the Visitherm Stealth heater made by MArineland?
I just got it, installed it, and turned it on.

I notice that every now and then, there will be a brief buzzing sound as the heater vibrates. Then it stops.

Is that supposed to happen?

thanks!

Apr 7, 2005
NUNYA
Hi Grymatta,
I have a Visi-Therm Deluxe heater by marineland, I got it about a month ago, mine doesn't make any noise at all. I'm glad I bought this one. So I don't know if you have the deluxe one or not, but I don't think it's supposed to make noise or vibrate.
But then again I could be wrong.

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
yeah its not supposed to make noise..so i thought it was defective and unplugged it. To my surprise, the noise was still there! Turns out it was the filter motor making that vibrating noise. I started to remove the filter when I discovered that it only made that noise when it was within 1" of the heater. I checked for loose fittings and anything that might rattle but didnt find anything else.

Strange..it seems to be some sorta harmonic wave disruption or something like that...when the motor of the filter is in close proximity to the heater. So I moved the heater to the other side of the aquarium and now the sound is gone...very wierd!

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
Ahhh I emailed Marineland about my heater issue and this is what they wrote. That kinda explains the weird filter behavior:

"HELLO,
OUR POWER FILTER ARE MAGNETICALLY DRIVEN SO IF YOU PUT ANY METALLIC OR
MAGNETIC ITEMS WITHIN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THE FILTER IT WILL AFFECT THE
OPERATION OF THE FILTER. SO TRY TO KEEP ANY OTHER PUMPS OR METAL
CONTAINING OBJECTS SUCH AS THE HEATING COIL WITHIN YOUR HEATER TOWARDS
THE OTHER END OF THE TANK AND YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS.
THANKS,
MARINELAND"