Wahoo!!I hit the betta jackpot!

ty6464

Large Fish
Sep 19, 2004
Georgia, USA
Visit site
This evening I went searching for a betta to put in my 5 gallon hex. I entered my local PetCo (I love my PetCo!) and went straight to the bettas. The first betta I saw was a beautiful White Opaque Crowntail! I was amazed, they never have anything other than veiltails so I was very excited. So, of course this was the one I bought. I ended up naming him Thorleif (after my dear great grandfather that I love and miss) a Norwegian name. I also came away with 2 free ghost shrimp so all in all it was a wonderful buy. This has made me fall in love with my PetCo who has my business for a long time.

fishdude07

Superstar Fish
Mar 30, 2004
Michigan
www.freewebs.com
good grab...any pics? im suprised petco had a crowntail...not to mention an opaque one. ive never seen anything other than veiltails at my nearest petco. i dont really like opaques...but hey, a crowntail is a crowntail, right? does he have nice fins?

MrMup04

Superstar Fish
Aug 13, 2003
Congrats on the great find, I have a petco thats 10 minutes away from where I live and they never seem to have anything but veiltails. Although I don't like bettas much anymore, I surely do would like to find and buy a nice crowntail to remember the past when I used to keep a lot of bettas.

ty6464

Large Fish
Sep 19, 2004
Georgia, USA
Visit site
Sorry no pics...don't have a digital camera. I'll see if I can maybe borrow a friends. Yea, hes got great fins. I came right after there shipment had arrived so I got the pick of the crowd. They had some other really good looking veiltails but I had to pass em up....no fish tank for em. Next time I'm there I'm planning on asking them where they get there stock from. Also, I plan on asking them for more free ghost shrimp :D if they have any. This most be a special PetCo, with the crowntails and free shrimp and all. The staff is extremely nice and knowledgeable at this one so I am lucky.

ty6464

Large Fish
Sep 19, 2004
Georgia, USA
Visit site
I'm not quite sure if it is a white opaque or a holy grail though. I am relativley new to bettas but I know for sure that it is a crowntail. It is white but has kind of a pinkish tinge when the light hits him right. He is solid white though with no other colors. I really loved my great grandfather a lot so I decided to honor him by naming my fish after him. The name is also my middle name so....