wanna start saltwater

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
Would like to have a few clown fishes or other colorful fish. I was thinking about a 25 gallon tank and only put a few(4 or so) fish in it, probs 2 clownfish and another kind, and maybe some funny lookin white thing that is like a live plant. dont know how to describe it. I just want something colorful, freshwater fish arent doin anyhting for me anymore. Any ideas anyone has on what I need to set this up and what to do would be great. If you could e-mail me it would be more convenient. thefloormat@hotmail.com thank you all--->MAT

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
This is a big, big topic. Get a good book , look for authors like Robert Fenner and Martin Moe, I like Fenners conscientious marine aquarist.
Try to research live rock and natural filtration systems. Distrust anything an lfs tells you unless it's obvious (big healthy looking display reef in the shop) they know waht they're talking about.
Research before you buy. Good luck

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
also, though i have no salt experience, check their reef more than once to see that it is healthy and that the stock is the same...just cause everything is alive, doesnt mean it stays that way very long...they could be throwing dead stuff out all the time