my tank is 29 gallon(70 days old)
2 damshels
9 pounds of live rock
22 pounds of live sand
back side of tank is covered by green algae
how many snails should i keep
how to introduce them in my display tank
what type of snails will thrive in my tank
nassarius and trochus snails is available(i want to keep them)
advice would be loved
cheers*SUNSMILE*

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well I have to second Matt, you definitely need about 20lbs plus of more live rock. Then once that is cured and you are sure your tank is PROPERLY cycled you should look at adding some grazing snails like trochus, turbos and astreas...mix them up as not all snails eat the same thing. Nassarius snails dwell in the sand and stir it up.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
As stated on the other thread. Your ich is not necessarily gone. DO NOT ADD ANY FISH BUT REMOVE THE DAMSELS AND PUT THEM IN QT LET THE TANK SIT WITH JUST SNAILS ETC FOR 6 WEEKS

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
i agree wiht Lorna. before getting more live rock, make sure ich is definitely gone. take all tanks into hyposalinity since most of htem seem to be contaminated. then after 6 weeks bring the SG back up, get the LR for it to cycle, then snails

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
No snails can not live in hyposalinity. Though if the tank has no fish you won't need to hypo the main display, only fish get ich. Move the fish to the qt tank, leave the main display empty for 6 weeks. no snails in qt. just fish with some pottery or pvc to give them hiding spots.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
the live rock provides filtration for your tank. If you don't have enough then you will have ammonia not being consumed and poisoning your fish. This may be part of your problem in the past. The general rule of thumb is approximately 1 pound per gallon