Wat colors?

MrMup04

Superstar Fish
Aug 13, 2003
im soon getting bettas and breeding them...

what colors are good for breeding?

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Are you asking about breeding or just colors?

Colors make no difference for breeding, in any case, you might end up with 350 babies (I did my first time) so make plans on what you are going to do with them first.

Breeding is a lot of work, and I will tell you about it if you like.

MrMup04

Superstar Fish
Aug 13, 2003
i already know lots about breeding but sometimes to me its about the colors, but what colors could be a good idea for breeding?

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
i think there's no "good color" for breeding -- it's really your own preferences.

breeding betta is like getting a box of chocolate - you never know what you're going to get :)

for myself, i've got 2 cellophane / white parents, and they got some children with red fins! And i found it rather exciting to see the fry starts getting red color :D

don't know a lot about genetics - but i'm sure you can find lots about these in google :)

Mar 11, 2003
Actually, choosing colors can be important. There are some weak strains out there, such as opaques that just aren't good to begin with. Reds are the hardiest color, or so I have heard. So that may be a great color to start out with.

Alexa

i think anything will be fine except for opaques, washes, blacks (both lace and melano) marbles, etc. the ones that shouldnt be beginners bred. I'd suggest (like Alexa) red, green, blue. the more solid colors. but if your like me and go by statistics of who likes them, then go for it. I'm planning to breed my Black Melanos, Yellows, and Steel Blues. Have fun john breeding, keep us updated too!