Wat is that??!! jellyfish?

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
heres a really blurry pic of it

and a better shot

sorry if you still cant see it.

if just appared and swimming around like a jellyfish.

(got sucked in the powerhead i thought it was going to get shredded!! but it was fine)

now its gone =(

but it was cool while it lasted.

just wanted to know the name of this guy

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
FishGeek said:
Yeah I had like 6 of those in my tank for a while. I posted about them and was told they werent going to live. I dont remember who it was but they were right. They die after a short time

that explains y its gone...:(

it was great while it lasted.

and yes the last pic has a reflection cuz of the surface of the water.

has anyone seen a LFS have or sell jellyfishes? or is it THAT hard...:eek:

rshxt9

Large Fish
Sep 18, 2006
rolla, missouri
could have kept it alive if you got it some plankton and tiny fishied. from what the discovery and animal channels have taught me, jelly fish are gulltons and need alot of food to survive

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
rshxt9 said:
could have kept it alive if you got it some plankton and tiny fishied. from what the discovery and animal channels have taught me, jelly fish are gulltons and need alot of food to survive
ic...

i dont have any plankton or filter feeder food since im running a FOWLR tank. but i might get some for coral farming *BOUNCINGS

dbleoh7

Large Fish
Sep 21, 2006
that's really cool. i think jellyfish have a 2 stage life cycle where the first stage they are anchored to a rock and sessile (forgot the name of it) and the second stage they are medusas, where then they leave the rock and look like discs kind of until they grow long enough tentacles into a free floating jellyfish.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
when i removed the net today (looks really really ugly...) the chaeto is on the loose XD. but i stuffed it in the corner and held it down with the magfloat.

i just noticed it floating around. but it seems to be injured...

i too a closer look and i think its a hydroids in its medusa stage...