Water changes?

epond83

Large Fish
Mar 11, 2007
Ok so i've been spending some time on this side learning about SW so i'm ready to set up a nice large tank when i'm done with college in two years.

My question is about water changes, do you guys just pull it out of the sump then refill it with new SW? and is there any sort of cleaning maintance that you do inside the tank, besides cleaning the glass?

Like with freshwater we use a gravel vacume and such, does water movement and clean up crew keep the tank clean enough?

Thanks, i've learned so much about SW on here can't wait to set up my own soon.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I pull mine straight out of the tank, however i don't have a sump haha. I usually wipe the glass down when i do water changes and if i see any bubble or bad algae i pick that out. I check on all my coral frags make sure they are up to snuff and nothing is bothering them. I will occasionally clean them.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i just drain about 30g outta my sump and refill it.... i usually clean the glass at that time aswell... i like to drain the water from the sump so i dont disturb anything in the display ie. fish,corals,ect...
HTH

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
pumps, powerheads and skimmers all have maitenance that needs to be done.....cleaned and emptied and checked out to make sure they are all working right.

epond83

Large Fish
Mar 11, 2007
Well thanks for every ones input, like i said this project is about 2 years out when i have money after i graduate. But after everything i've learned/learning here it should be a good set up.