Water Conditioners- what do you use?

timisu87

Large Fish
Oct 15, 2004
Visit site
I am stuck between the pro kent product and the bio-safe that I have previously used in the past. I am planning on ordering an huge amount so that it will last me for a long while. Any suggestions? College has got kept me out of the hobby a bit but im back now!

Ooops wrong area.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I'd do a search on the forums about this, we have had the debate a few times. Many people use Prime, I personally use bigal's generic version of stress coat. Never heard of the bio-safe one you're talking about...and don't have any experience with the pro kent one either so I'm afraid I can't help with that. You just need to make sure that it does what you need it to, mainly dechlorinate :) There are some products that kind of look like conditioners but are NOT dechlorinators, so be sure to read thoroughly.

Good to see you back :)

s_anthony

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I just heard of biosafe tonight myself. It's in the documentation for my new marineland 5 gal hex I set up.

I personally are a NovAqua plus fan. 1 TSP per 10 gal of water. I buy the 16fl oz bottles and it lasts me quite a while and I use it for 3 tanks. I get it for about 10 bucks a bottle - I know there are bigger bottles available too.

timisu87

Large Fish
Oct 15, 2004
Visit site
The problem with the bio-safe was that it had an rotten egg scent to it after being used in the tank that I did not like very much. I ordered the 64oz of the big als multipurpose conditioner. That was a good investment, 12.99 for 2.5 gallons.