Votes: 0 0.0%
  • problems

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

grepo

Small Fish
Dec 9, 2007
australia
i/m using a aqua-serene 6 watts pump lacking bubbles replaced the 2 rubber diaphrams went ok for awhile then lacked power so increased speed with the dial then it ran very hot when u put your hand over it could the next upgrade be those little flaps behind the rubber diaphrams?

grepo

Small Fish
Dec 9, 2007
australia
my aquarium air pump with two outlets for airstones to connect to &is not producing bubbles inside the tank.I renewed the rubber diaphrams that are attached to the unit that you can see when you take the cover off but it did not solve the problem behind the rubber diaphrams there are 2small synthetic flaps could this be the problem? i can/t be any more explicit than this if u don/t know what i/m talking about pull one apart &have alook how one works!

Feb 27, 2009
I have no reason to doubt you on the inner workings of an air pump. I personally don't use them in any of my 9 tanks.

I think it is confusing to call this a poll about air filters with a question titled 'water pumps' though. I DO use a water pump which is why I came to the thread to help out. Hopefully folks will read it and be able to help you out with an air pump.

I'll bow out on commenting.

Last edited:

no.1chuy

Large Fish
May 22, 2009
Las Vegas
have you tryed replacing the air stone? i had an air pump that wasnt pushin good air replaced the air stone and it was good to go for a while then it just went bad. well i didnt try to repair it cuz i never use it (diy co2, every ppm is valuable to me) but they sell rebuild kits for a lot of air pump why dont you just contact the manufacturer to see if they have a rebuild kit

grepo

Small Fish
Dec 9, 2007
australia
it/s not the air stones as i have a stand-by pump that really puts out the bubbles but sounds like a v-8 and a re-con via the manufacturer cost$$$$ & alot of waiting I/d rather try &work it out&try to rebuild this one