Water Purification

Jellybaby

Small Fish
Jun 16, 2005
Montreal
I was wondering if I was going for this product for my water purification : Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Tap Water Filter http://www.bigalsonline.ca/catalog/product.xml?product_id=22577&category_id=1755&pcid1=

instead of the RO/DI 100 GPD Osmoseur would that be ok.

There's a price difference and I was wondering if in the end the first product would just be a waste of money or not.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
It does a fairly good job...doesnt remove everything from the water like those ROs do. One thing to think about, after it makes 135 gallons of water or something then you need to replace the cartridge which is like the price of the actual purifier.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Hey Jelly better pick up something like this : http://www.reefsolution.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=87&products_id=393 ..they have some at the same price at aquarecifal too..forget big al for those units.

Works like the 700$ units and costs 30 bucks to change all cartridges needed to be replaced. 5 stages, can't beat that for the price. I have something similar..saved me troubles with bad algaes...also, we have a lot of chlorine in montreal

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
yup but since in canada we have to pay duty + around 20 $ shipping it's gonna cost the same. One time on ebay i tried to buy an overflow. 36 $ USD.
1 $ CDN was 0.86 USD at that time. The total was like 78 $ CDN with duty + shipping...so i never bought it.

Jellybaby

Small Fish
Jun 16, 2005
Montreal
KahluaZzZ yeah I saw that on reefsolution. It's a great price. Their is also aqua-safe on ebay that has a great price. I might try and bid on one that starts at 0.99$. I've read good reviews on that product.
And thanks for the compliment for my avatar :)

S.Reef that's what I thought after a couple of times I had to change the cartridge, i'm better of with a unit like at reefsolution or aqua-safe on ebay.

Jellybaby

Small Fish
Jun 16, 2005
Montreal
Oh I have one other question about the RO/DI system. I've tried to get an answer with the other thread about that but didn't find it.

I live in a small appartement. I was wondering can I just plug it in when it's time to do the water changes or do I have to leave it plug in all the time.
If I have to leave it all the time is there a way to leave it under the sink so it's not visible.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
There is a faucet adapter that you can buy at reefsolution ( 15 $ i think but worth the price if you flood your apartment )...i never saw this anywhere else in the city ..2 late for me, i drilled under my sink and my unit is standing next to my bath...not too pretty.
That's it..my unit is the aqua-safe 100 gpd..works great.

Jellybaby

Small Fish
Jun 16, 2005
Montreal
so with the faucet adapter I can just screw it on and take it off when i'm finish? do you think the one at reefsolution is compatible with the aqua-safe?
I guess i'll have to email the guy about it.
That would be great because I don't want to drill anythink under my sink.
I want something that I can hide the unit after when i'm finish.