Wavemaker and Koralias

Jun 15, 2005
Mesa, AZ
So after the MH idea, I'm thinking of rockin two K4's, and 2 K2's with a Red Sea wavemaker. The two K4's would be up top, the 2's would be on the bottom (for my goby and shrimp). Sounds like a legit idea IMO. I hear the Koralias are the best that money can buy powerhead wise. Thoughts, questions, comments?

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
It's not a good idea to put them on a wavemaker. As they have a larger opening than traditional powerheads, when they're off fish can/will try to get inside. Turns back on..... fish soup.

Does happen, happened to me with a blenny....

The korallias are very good for the money, don't know if they're any better than Seio's at that price point, they have had one mass recall.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I agree, not a good option on a wavemaker....maxijets are the best on most wavemakers as they can handle the on/off cycle better than most.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I don't know that Koralias are the best money can buy, but they're certainly excellent value for money if you don't have hundreds to spend on powerheads.

I find mine create a random enough current. I notice corals next to them sway in different directions at different times, and occasionally not at all.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
The seio wavemaker has been around for almost a year. They are expensive and I think if you are going to spend that kind of cash you should be looking into a tunze or something.......