Way too many bubbles?

Jan 8, 2006
I think my air pump is overkill for my 6 gal tank pushing out through a 30cm air stone at the back of the tank. It seems to create too much current for my fish.

Does anyone know if you can simply clamp the air hose a little? if I do this will the pump overheat/blow up!??

Cheers,
Tropicoz

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
They sell valves you can put on the air tube to reduce the air flow.....they are usually located in the same section of the store where the air pumps are. I don't think it will blow up - I've never had that happen, but not sure.

The air will most likly shred the inerds of the pump o_O but they dont blow up, you'll just wake up one morning to water flooding out of it XD Scared the Bleep out of my friends tank when his 8 gal looks to be overflowing when he just found out his fish swam inside and got stuck IN the pump valve. So I would suggest getting a valve smaller then your active fish.

However I have a Topfin Filter number 10 o.o before making another post, I thought it wouldint hurt to pust it in here, but when my guppies swim around the tank and then go to the far corner to relaxes and sleep, the filter is so strong it makes a river in there O_O it's ment for a 7 gal and high aquarium* this is a ten gal, but this thing is so fast my guppies cant get a good nights sleep inless they prop themselfs againced my dragon ornaments wing or jump into the moving cerent getting stuck IN the filtrasion area till I release them in the mornin' =/ cause when they sleep it turns them upsidedown and spins them about the gravil ><, does the filtration systum numer 10 from Topfin aquatics have a valve??

Last edited: