We Finally Did it!

capper

Medium Fish
Oct 16, 2005
Okay, we've finally made it! At least we seem to be on our way! We've done some moving around but here's what we have now:

2 gallon tank: No fish yet, only a plastic plant and ornament (the filter insert for this tank has been sitting in the filter of an established tank for about 1 month). Small-sized gravel stones on the bottom.

6 gallon tank: 3 Panda Corydoras, some beautiful plants and bogwood. The bottom has medium / small-sized gravel stones.

16 gallon tank: 1 (big) platy, 1 big guppy, 5 Rummy Nose Tetras, 1 3-Striped Corydoras, 2 Otocinclus Corydoras, 3 Caridina Japonica Shrimp some beautiful plants and bogwood. The bottom has medium / small-sized gravel stones.

48 gallon tank: 12 Cardinal Tetras, 6 Glowlight Tetras, 5 African Lampeyes, 2 (small) platies, 4 Caridina Japonica Shrimp, lots of beautiful plants, grass, and bogwood. The tank has "soil stones" on the bottom.

I am planning to move the 5 Rummy Nose Tetras from our 16g tank into our 48g tank soon. Then I am hoping to get a few guppies for our 16g. Until recently, we had 4 Cardinal Tetras in our 6g along with our Pandas. Since I moved into the big tank, we now only have the Panda catfish. I am hoping to add a few small fish to that tank. Any suggestions for small fish that can live in a small 6g? I would also like to put a fish or a couple of fish in our 2g tank in order ti keep it active and usable in the event of an emergency. Finally, our 48g tank should be about at its limit. However, I would really like to get some catfish to chomp on the extra food. I was thinking of 2-4 small catfish.

We would also like to get a Pleco that will eat as much algae as possible and work hard to keep our beautiful community tank beautiful. Several people have recommended a Bristlenose Pleco as they don't grow too big and would work well in our tank. I was unable to find one at our local pet store. Do you
have any other recommendations to keep our tank clean?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Apple Snails help out somewhat with keeping some algae off and some uneaten food etc...but I'd still keep your eye out for one of those plecos :) Them or a rubbernose would work well too, I've seen them at chain stores lately...so they might be easier to find than the bushynose...