Weird Actions in Question

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I am wondering why my Anenomie keeps burying itself in my rock. I plants its foot deep inside the pile of rock and then pulls itself in. Its only been going on for a few days and I am concerned that something might be wrong. It looks fine other than that though. Please someone help!?!?

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Not to put you down but I have been told by alot of people that this if fine. Including people here when I was setting this tank up? If it needed more light wouldnt it be at the top pf the tank instead of removing itself from it??? Now Im confused. ????????

Edit: Its 260W total = 4.33333>> W/G

Last edited:

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
what kind of anemonie, i would rather be told im wrong about something than me think its right when it actualy wrong, i might get one for my ten gallon.

at coranado beach in californiathe anemonies put shells around their bodys to protect them, maybe your is doing the same.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
I think it is just trying to find itself a spot it likes in your tank, they will move around lots until they find a good spot to plant themselves.

Keep and eye on it if you feel it is unusual, but I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Dec 21, 2005
st. louis area
I agree Mush. I bought a small BTA and placed it in my 10gal. He did fine until he started creeping up the lr and glass. He reached out and got sucked up into the powerhead. I tried my best to rescue him but there was no saving him. You would have thought I was a surgeon. Well long story short, imo, do not place an anemonie in a 10 gallon.