weird mollies

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
i just had a question about my mollies' behavior- maybe it's totally normal. the male keeps chasing my orange female around around and biting her butt/the poop coming out of her butt. she doesn't seem bothered by this at all, and there's another female in the tank and he pretty much ignores her. what are they doing?

oh and i think my orange one might be pregnant. (not sure though) does this have anything to do with the butt biting?

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
oh dear... well i got the 2 females for the one male so he'd harrass both of them and not just one, but he seems to favor the orange one over the white one a lot. getting two females was pretty much useless... but i love them both :)

i have busy fishies

Firebug

Large Fish
Jun 15, 2004
Colorado
I used to have swordtails that acted like that! The male only wanted the orange one (maybe it has something to do with orange? Ha!). He never bothered the blood red female swordtail (and I think she was prettier too!). The difference between the females was that I bought the male and the orange female at the same time, and then introduced the other female. If you added new females, maybe it has something to do with that? :confused:

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
nah i got them all at the same time and from the same tank at the store, and i know they were from the same breeder because they arrived to the store where i work at in the same fish order we received. they go way back :) the orange female is way bigger than the white one though, so he probably just.. yah.. haha males....