Well here is a good question maybe..

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
I think i want a fish i can feed feeder fish 2.. and i was wondering if i could add it to a tank with lets say some mollys and a pleco... im thinking about setting up a 20 with the platy otto and tetras... now eating something thats alive is what im looking for.. i know thats weird but i just want to watch it chase around baby feeder gupys or sumtin... any fish that would suit my needs? or would i need to move the mollys 2?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
If you're just looking for a fish to keep the fry population down, try zebra danios :) most fish who are the type that we'd say we 'feed feeder fish' to are going to eat fish the size of your mollies and need a very large tank.

svetlana

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2005
Gaithersburg, MD
home.uchicago.edu
You can have one African ctenopoma. Mine is about 3 inches. He lived with zebra danios for months until he discovered that they are what he is actually living for. He swallowed couple of those whole, the sight was amazing: speed, dexterity and huge mouth opening.
Drawbacks:
- zebras are expensive to serve as feeders
- I pittied remaining little zebras and moved them promptly into another tank
- once one zebra is captured it releases substances of fear into the water and all remaining fish become hysterical for hours - not a pretty sight

--s