Well I just got one HECK of a deal!!!

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
So on a local marine forum I lurk at a fair amount there's a fairly active buy/sell area. Long story short I got a whole whack of stuff for dirt cheap from a guy who had a basement marine buisness about a year ago. Him and his buddy closed up because of other commitments (kids, family, home reno's, ect). Anyway, He just wanted to clear out a bunch of stuff, and was even nice enough to run it out to me last night. Anyway, here's what I got...

-2 tank (36 x 20 x 12 = 37 gal ea) system with stand, plumbing, and multi-chamber sump for $100.
-a Quiet One 6000 for $20
-Hydor water deflector for $5
-5 low voltage float switches for $10
-20 gal with and Eclipse hood for $15
Total $150... yup all that for $150. The QO 6000 alone would be over $200 to buy new.

He's also thinking about selling the 250 watt HQI's with Icecap ballasts that were on the system... I was debating last night... I think I'm going to message him today... ;)

I also got some AoG Paly's from someone else, going rate in my area is $20/polyp... I got 9 for $30! They aren't too happy though... for whatever reason they won't open up for more than a few hours at a time... I did move them into my mantis tank because I think my reef might have been too much light compaired to where they came from. I'll try them again once I get everything switched to the new system.

Looks like I'm just going to have to open a Photobucket account... I'll try to get pic's as soon as I can! :) Right now the system is just sitting on my deck until I can rearange some space for it.

Anyway... before I write a small novel....

Chris

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Could make a couple nice frag tanks out of that. Good deal. Craigslist in this area has some crazy stuff and really good deals. Look at this ad from yesterday haha:

1200 Gallon Tenecor Aquarium

Reply to: sale-983946058@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2009-01-07, 12:59PM MST

SOLD
HUSBAND BEING A JERK!!! I'M SELLING HIS COMPLETE 1200 GALLON TENECOR AQUARIUM

SYSTEM HAS BEEN UP FOR 1.5 YEARS!!!

PRICE IS CORRECT $120

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
LOL! I can see it now... Rocking chair, hound by his side, a beer in one hand and a shotgun in the other. *laughingc

Thanks everyone! Might be a week or so before I can get setting up pics but I'll see what I can do before that.

Chris

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
SO *Finally* here's a few quick pic's of the system.

Sorry about the sideways pic... Haven't figured out how to do that on the host yet. Maybe in the next year at the rate I do somethings ;)

I just put my 150 watt HQI on the top tank... Believe it or not, those are the same lamps, just different watts and ballasts.

Two pics of the overflow system. It's a Herbie style.

Anyway... there it is. A bit utilitarian but that's just me... I don't have anywhere to fit a "nice" system so I don't bother anymore. Maybe one day though ;).

Chris