Well once again...

Well I used to have the 4 comets but they all died :( but at least they are in a better place:)!

Any way. I was wondering what would the limit be for White Clouds and a Male Betta in a 10g? I was thinking something like this:

6 White Clouds(3 gold or maybe all normal)
Male(or female) Betta
Maybe an Oto or 2

It will be planted and it will be lowlight so. I think I might do all amazon swords since thats all my petsmart sells anymore:(! Well any comments and suggestions welcome!

Sep 6, 2006
NS, Canada
I don't know but that seems like a good limit to me; I have 7 white clouds, a corydora, a dwarf gourami, and an oto, and it works well for me.

Really, the only problem depends on the temperament of your betta. I have 2; both of which I have tried to put in my 10g. My veiltail flares at everything and my crowntail was really tame. When you're buying a betta, try to get one that's not flaring constantly--to me, they seem to have a more mild temperament.

But yeah, there shouldn't be a problem with that stocking.

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
What $31 test kit are you buying? They should only be like $25. If you are going to buy things from Big Als Then it will only be $17. I would start getting the equipment that you need bofer stocking it again. You could get form Feeder Guppies to keep the tank Cycled.

MAHA

EDIT:
I just priced Test kit, Heater, and Filter on Big Als it was $53 with shipping. It would be worth buying the light and Gravel from a LFS. Then you dont have to pay for shipping. If you are looking at having a Planted tank then buy a Plant Substrate, Like Eco Complete.

Last edited:
Okay I am going to be getting the heater next month or in january(cant remember when i get my $25). Im going to be using my friends trest strips while I do a cycle on my tank. It will be a fishless cycle. I am doing this nbow because my mom is thinking of buying the test kit and the gravel for christmas but she wants to know how much fish will be costing just so she can put money aside.

Does BigAls take money order because my mom doesnt do credit card. :(

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
Prices in green available at PetSmart (you said there was one local to you) These are the internet prices which will be honored at the store if you bring printouts of each sales page. Since money is an issue, I went with perfectly usable but inexpensive items. Walmart is also a good source of inexpensive, brand name equipment.

$25.00---AquaClear 20 -- $13.99
$20.00---50 watt heater -- $14.99
$32.00---Hood and Light -- incadescent hood plus two power compact flourescent bulbs $12.99 + <$10 *or* deluxe flourescent hood $22.99
$31.00---Master Test Kit -- Nice to see this is finally ~worth~ buying..... $13.49
$20.00---Gravel -- what kind of gravel are you buying???? $20 for a 10 gallon is a bit excessive unless you're bent on getting flourite or eco-complete which only comes in certain quantities
$5.00----Background -- $0 -- a trash bag works awesome, paint too and you can always forego a background if money is such an issue (I guess you're not getting out of fish after all....)

Seleya said:
Prices in green available at PetSmart (you said there was one local to you) These are the internet prices which will be honored at the store if you bring printouts of each sales page. Since money is an issue, I went with perfectly usable but inexpensive items. Walmart is also a good source of inexpensive, brand name equipment.

$25.00---AquaClear 20 -- $13.99
$20.00---50 watt heater -- $14.99
$32.00---Hood and Light -- incadescent hood plus two power compact flourescent bulbs $12.99 + <$10 *or* deluxe flourescent hood $22.99
$31.00---Master Test Kit -- Nice to see this is finally ~worth~ buying..... $13.49
$20.00---Gravel -- what kind of gravel are you buying???? $20 for a 10 gallon is a bit excessive unless you're bent on getting flourite or eco-complete which only comes in certain quantities
$5.00----Background -- $0 -- a trash bag works awesome, paint too and you can always forego a background if money is such an issue (I guess you're not getting out of fish after all....)
LOL, it seems its harder to get out of after all. Thanks I need to look on to the site for the discounts. The gravel was flourite.
A test kit was alwways top priority to me. Its on the top of my list!