What a waste of 55 gals!

Aug 15, 2011
ON, Canada
Hey all! My 55 gallon tank is boring me to tears, and I don't know what to put in it. I currently have:
- 1 kickass common pleco
- 8 male fancytail guppies
- 2 male red swordtails

Everything I can find that'll get along are crazy boring and small: danios, tetras..
Any ideas? Is there anything with some cool colors - or a little bigger??
I was thinking angels, discus, male beta?? Go easy on me, just trying to figure it all out. :)

Aug 15, 2011
ON, Canada
Gouramis look nice! My tanks been running for about a year now. Just cleaning it up now after I learned a valuable lesson with m & f guppies. lol Not to sure on the measurements of the tank... very rough guess: 4' wide, 1.5' deep, and 2.5 tall?? If I can ever find a tape measure I'll let u know for sure.
Any other ideas? Will discus work with this combo, once I add angels & Gouramis?

Momotaro

Small Fish
Aug 4, 2011
new york
in my 55, although usually not recommended, i've been successful with a male betta, a female betta and a dwarf gourami together. as the tank is sizable and decently planted as well as many other fish in there with them they don't bother each other at all.

i actually prefer having a lot of small fish rather than fewer large ones. that being said im a big fan of the tetras. have you thought of platys? they add color and are good for communities. though small.