What are your Plecos' names?

PlecoCollector

Superstar Fish
Aug 21, 2005
Clinton, NY
Does anyone else name their Plecos strange things? I find mine to have very interesting names and I was curious to what other people named theirs...

I've got:
Cheney the Common
Dubya the Bristlenose
Hoover the Gold Spot
Bluey the Blue Phantom
Sir Neuton the Rubber Lip
Blitz the "Alpha" Zebra Pleco
Lady the Queen Arabesque (whom I think is a male...)
"The King" the King Tiger (open for renaming...)
and the others aren't really named... :p

So how about you guys?

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Just wait until I have the L183s :D Coming in next friday...god bless my wife!

Edit: Not that it really matters, but with me what you need to realize is most of the plecs in my sig are a part of a breeding program.....meaning I have more than 6 of them. Last count 10 tanks and a pond is devoted to spawning plecs.

I'm all about promoting the Loricariidae species as a whole and am working my butt off trying to make them a more readily available captive spawned fish.

Last edited:

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
With the addition of the last one (the 125) we set up I hit the number 40. You and your family are always welcomed to come over to my house. Just please ignore the humidity in the house... :D

Keep in mind that I am about more than just plecs....there are also the rare goo obu gudgeons, the shell dwellers, and emm well yeah other hard to find fish.:D:D

plattygirl

Small Fish
Feb 27, 2006
Australia
Well some of my fish have names, the peppermint bristlenose is called minty, the butterfly pleco is called kermit, the clowns are starting to look like little teletubbies (god help me), the male bristlenose is called Mr bristle, the Large algae eater kinda reminds me of that pig character from "Monkey", and i have a bronze goldfish called blackie (lol) he was black when i got him. Pretty much it at the moment.

My Vampire pleco is called Spike...from my favourite character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer :eek:.

My male guppy is called Geoff, after my boyfriend, my female guppy is called Lucy after me, the tetras don't have names because I can't tell them apart and my two guppy fry are going to have to be rehomed because they've turned out to be male and are almost at the age where they're going to start harrassing my already stressed out female.

I did have an LDA 33 pleco called Snowball (I was told he was a snowball pleco in the shop) but he died :(, I don't know if it was ich, the ich medicine or the nitrite spike in my tank at the time.

I had a yellow female guppy called Dot, after my mum but she was weak from an internal parasite and then got ich.

I had two male guppies, Pierre (because he was gay) and Shadow (because he was black and I could never find him when he hid at the back of my tank) but they both died within 48 hours of being put in my tank, I think they were just ill to start with, or couldn't deal with the 3 hour journey to my tank.

PlecoCollector

Superstar Fish
Aug 21, 2005
Clinton, NY
Nice names :)
I was so excited to name all 15 of my fish in the beginning... but then the Platies began multiplying... and more fish came... I can't think up enough! (Or tell them apart) The Plecos are easiest to name ^^