what can i do to convert my 20fw to a 20sw?

Sep 9, 2007
Florida
Hi well I wanted to know and get advice in how i can convert my 20gal FW to a SW i just romoved my fish and placed them in a smaller tank but i want to convert it to a saltwater tank what can i do to clean the FW tank what do i use? and well any advice in what i should do for this new tank i am going to start building a stand with canapy for this 20gal and i'm not sure if i shuld make it a reef tank or marine tank i already have a reef tank but with a 20gal i'm pritty much out of the idea of running a marine tank. what can i do and what should i do please i'm open t*thumbsups o any ideas. thank you in advance

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
You can rinse the tank out with water, and maybe use some white vinegar on it to remove anything like water stains.

As with a reef tank, the basis for a fish only (FO) tank would be live rock with powerheadss. There aren't a whole lot of fish that would be non reef fish for that size tank. Of course, there's nothing wrong with fish and no corals.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
And a good start would be once the tank is cycled with live rock move some of those fish from the 12g to the 20g as I think your 12g is well, very overstocked.....jmho

Sep 9, 2007
Florida
yeah i agree that is the idea of converting my 20gal sw to a sw for i can move my clowns into my 20 since they are getting big already so yeah i might just start another 20gal reef tank makes no since in making a 20 gal a none reef fish tank so yeah thanks if any other advice i will take it thank you very much