What can you feed them

mrmoog

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2007
Glasgow/Scotland
This may be a bit of a silly one but here goes, Can you feed your fish fruit or veg as a treat and if so what sort?? Sorry if that is stupid but i had to know.*celebrate

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Depends on what type of fish you have. From your signature, doesn't look like you have anything that would eat fruit or veggies unless the shrimp would. The pleco and some of the others might enjoy some algae wafers.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
i didnt see the spots before, and actually mine had some spots on his top fin. so blah.

and uhhh...every name that came to mine when i saw this guy was kinda...not right....youll have to wait till someone else sees this cause im stomped.

anner123

Small Fish
Dec 9, 2003
Wichita, KS
communities.msn.com
Actually, to me it looks like Glyptoperichthys joselimaianus. They get to be about 10 or 12 inches I think I read. I have one in my 75 gal. He was sold to me as a gibbiceps but when I got him home I noticed the spot pattern was reversed. Here is the info page about them at planet catfish: PlanetCatfish::Cat-eLog::Loricariidae::pterygoplichthys joselimaianus

Last edited:

Lonewolfblue

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
I agree with Glyptoperichthys joselimaianus. Get's to 12 inches. (L001 and L022 are the same fish)

PlanetCatfish::Cat-eLog::Loricariidae::pterygoplichthys joselimaianus
PlanetCatfish::Cat-eLog::Loricariidae::pterygoplichthys joselimaianus

The fish you have, many of them will eat fruit and vegies. They may take some time to find it as being food, but when they do, they will eat it. Some good ones to try are zucchini, french style green beans (make sure it's not salted, frozen is fine), peas (blanch the peas, cut them out of their shell, and squish in the tank), cantalope, and several others.

Last edited: