What fish can go with guppies

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
The problem is that most of the smaller fish for a 5g tank prefer numbers, and there just really isn't room for a school along with the guppies. Are yours male or female (or a pair)? If you've got a female, you'll probably have more than 2 guppies soon enough.

Mar 12, 2015
The problem is that most of the smaller fish for a 5g tank prefer numbers, and there just really isn't room for a school along with the guppies. Are yours male or female (or a pair)? If you've got a female, you'll probably have more than 2 guppies soon enough.
I believe both of them are male. I got them 2 months ago and so far there has been no signs, so idk. I read your other comment and I don't plan to get snails for a while. I mainly wish to stick to fish for now. Is there any fish that could go with my guppies? Even more guppies? Or would that be overcrowding it?

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Nick, very cool setup! You could possibly add some ghost or red cherry shrimp. As far as your maintenance schedule, you really should stick with a large weekly water change (you can take the water right down to where the fish can barely swim) and you can vacuum the gravel in the process. Rinse and re-use your mechanical filtration, same with the bio media in your filter.