What fish to add?

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Lets see...any species of clownfish(not mixed of course). Gobies, blennies, dwarf angelfish, cardinals, psuedos. All good canidates for your tank.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
The damsel and clown should be fine. Clean up crew...10 blue legged hermits, a few turbo snails, a few nassaria snails, 5 astrea snails, a emerald crab and some brittle stars.

Fishfreak

Large Fish
Aug 3, 2004
NC
Visit site
When do I add substrate? What should I use to measure salinity? How much does it cost? Someone told me to keep my freshwater filter in the tank but take out the actual filter floss part. Can i do this or should I just take it all out?

Last edited:

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
sure, um alot of people have differin opinions on when to add substrate, before or after curing your LR? I did it before, worked out just fine, but I only have a 2-3 inch sand bed, so it might be different if you are planing a DSB.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I personally do not like that book. To vague and kind of outdate. Your best choices would be The New Marine Aquarist by Micheal Paletta or The Conscious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner. Both are very good books.

You can add the substrate about the same time you add the rock. Be warned your water will get cloudy. After a few weeks you can add the inverts.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
agreed, the cloudiness will take upto 2 weeks to totally settle down, plus you will have die off so your tank water will take on a yellow piss looking color to it, it will smell really funky too