What fish to get

Oct 21, 2005
I am upgrading from my 10g to a 30g tank and want to know what fish I should have. All I have in my 10g is a group of 6 neon tetras.

rhoymand

Large Fish
Jul 15, 2005
San Francisco, CA
neon tetras play well with a lot of other species that arent large enough to think theyre food. I keep my neons with other tetras, danios, cory cats, tiger barbs, and guppies. mollies and rasboras would work well too.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Yep you could get cory's I'd say get at least 4 or 5 of them, if you really like them 6 wouldn't be out of the question. With 6 neons and 6 corys (assuming you pick a cory that stays in the 2 inch range or so) you could also fit a school of another type of fish...say pick a tetra or I personally really like harlequin rasboras if you have some green plants. You'd also have room for some ottos or a pleco that stays in the "small" range when your tank matures a bit.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Check out what kinds of cories are available and appeal to you. For the most part, all cories act the same and most stay around the same size (2-3 inches). They'll shoal better if they're all the same kind than if you have one or two of a bunch of kinds.