What fish to get?

Jun 23, 2006
Hello everyone. I just had a quick question. I have had 2 glass catfish in a 10g tank for about a year and a half now. 1 just died, the only thing on closer inspection of him that I was able to find was an indication of fin rot. The other fish looks perfectly fine and is doing just fine, but I'm treating the tank for fin rot just in case. The water is a little on the hard side, but other than that the ammonia and everything else are fine. My real question is really what I should do now that I'm down to one fish. I would like to add some colorful fish to the tank, but I also know that the glass cats like to be in small groups. So if anyone could give me some good numbers and species of fish to mix with the cat and advise what I should do about getting more glass cats. I was thinking about getting 2 more glass cats and maybe one loner fish that would do good by itself or something like that. Or adding some smaller fish with the cats. I do not want the overcrowd the tank. The current cat is a 2" fish. All advice and suggestions appreciated.

glass cats really arent the best choice of fish for a 10. they get up to six inches, and need to be in groups of six or more, and with the inch per gallon rule, i wouldn't do glass cats. If you want you could get one or two more and thats it. Youll have to trade them in for something else in a while but i would go with 6 tetras, or a betta and some frogs, or some palties and guupies

Jun 23, 2006
It's just the one glass cat in the tank and that's it. The problem is that I don't have anyone to give him to and I also don't have the ability to upgrade to a bigger tank right now. Are there a lot of fish stores that will take fish back if you didn't buy them there and have had the fish as long as I have? I've heard some mention of some stores doing like a trade type thing.