what fish to put in?

Sep 20, 2011
Hi, I'm fairly new to this aquarium thing and was wondering if anyone could help me? I've had my tank for about 2months now (3x2x1ft) ,it has 3 live plants, a sunken ship/hide hole and 2 different filters. I bought it 2nd hand from a family member so was fully established before I got it. When I had it up and running I added 8 tetra, then gradually added 12 plattes and a snail. I think the 12 plattes are too much but the lady in the pet store said they'd be fine in my tank. The problem I have now though us I think the tanks a bit boring and I'd like to add fish of different sizes and colours. Would I need to take out some of the plattes before adding more fish? And what's the best kind of fish to add? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
A handful of cory cats always adds some action to the bottom of the tank. You could even donate or sell your fish back to the pet store and do a different type tank. Mbuna, Africans cichlids are colorful and very active. I don't know if there is the best kind of fish to add. So many opinions about ones favorite fish, such as, mine is Africans. I think they are the best but, some might say a community schooling fish is the best. What type of fish are you looking for, nice non aggressive community type, schooling, semi aggressive or, maybe something else is on your mind?