what fish too add??

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok in my 30 gallon i already have two fish but i kinda want to get 1 more but im not sure what would be best... obviously needs to be some thing thats guna stay small... any suggestions???

btw tomato clown and cromis are the two fish already in the tank

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
make sure you research anything before you buy...i see possible problems with these suggestions:

Multiple clowns of different varieties will likely fight until one or more is dead and lawnmower blennies tend to starve in small tanks because there is not enough algae for them to graze on.

I would reccomend returning the chromis (they do better in groups) and looking into something like a bangaii or pyjama cardinalfish or perhaps a different variety of blenny

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea i already know i cant add another clown and the cromis was just left over from cycling another tank... im looking for something totally reef safe... definitly wouldnt mind bringing that cromis back i hate him but i feel bad cause i had him so long i mean he survived huricane wilma with no power 2 weeks

Last edited:

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Almost the only things that are totally reefsafe are small gobies, cardinals (both of which hide all the time) and planktivores like chromis. You haven't left yourself with a very big list.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Get a pair of little neon blue gobies. They are tank raised so they are out all the time, they spend a lot of time in the water column too (not just sitting like lots of gobies do). Plus, mine comes over and sits on my fingers to eat when I feed the tank.

A fairy wrasse would work too. Peaceful, active, reefsafe, colorful... what more could you want? They need a well covered tank, though.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i forgot to say i have an open top so also needs to be something thats not gonna jump... already lost a few fish this way

oh yea ive been meaning to ask when you use egg crate doesnt that cut down on the light that actually reaches the tank??

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i was thinking about that but wont that cut down on the light?? i only have 130 watts..

btw i had a fire fish but he jumped out when i went to clean the glass with the magnet thing

Last edited: