what fish you have in your tank

aceracer

Large Fish
Sep 21, 2005
I just wanted to start a talk about fish we had prefalbly 50 and 55 gallon tanks just want to know what they are how big how many and how they are. just want to get fell for people have and why.

svetlana

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2005
Gaithersburg, MD
home.uchicago.edu
In 55g i have 3 fishes: Jack Dempsey CA cichlid, Severum green, turquouse or banded (difficult to tell) SA cichlid, Synodontis eupterus African catfish.
They are all 7-8" for now but can reach 9-12". Actually i feel like they're already overcrowded. Every one of them is great fish. They are handful because in spite of all the filtration i have (Rena XP + HOB for 75g) and descrete feeding i am changing water quite frequently (twice a week at least 20-50%) because severums are prone to fin rot. Tiniest water deterioration and your sev is already rotting.

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
in my 50g, i've got 1 blue gourami, 3 clown loaches, 7 harlequins, 7 scissortails, 1 rts, 1 sae. i'm planning on getting some more harleqiuns, and maybe another type of gourami aswell.

fishbrain

Large Fish
Oct 2, 2003
Central NY, USA
www.geocities.com
55gal.
2 Rosy barbs
2 Gold barbs
2 Melon barbs
6 Black Ruby barbs
2 Clown barbs
3 Zebra barbs
2 Odessa barbs
3 Yoyo loaches
1 SAE
2 Pearl danios
1 Purple Passion danio

All Asian fish (all Asian plants as well)

overstocked........ thinking about a 2nd 55gal (but then I'd have to have Tigers! & schools where possible & then I'd be in the same boat or worse off! lol)