What is a normal feeding menu for . . . . . .

NEW2SW

Small Fish
Jun 25, 2006
1 Chromis and 1 Damsel? And maybe in a few weeks or months I may get a clown and a Tang, who knows but currently I am feeding them "Spirulina Enriched Brine Shrimp" made by San Fransico Bay Brand in a freeze dried green pouch. And 3 snails and crabs that are doing fine on their own. Is it even necessary to change the menu with flakes, pellets, etc??

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
If I am not mistaken, you have a NC24. A tang would be impossible.

The fish like variation better. Switch back and forth between different foods. This isn't 100% necessary, but it will benefit your fish.

NEW2SW

Small Fish
Jun 25, 2006
Now what types of foods are we talking about here? Flakes, pellets, other freeze dried foods? So tangs are a no go huh, any other recomendations? Here is a list of what I read on can you tell me if they would do well . .
Royal Gramma
Yellow Tang (we know this answer)
White spotted box fish
longhorn cowfish
mandarin fish
cleaner shrimp
purple fire fish

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Royal Gramma
Yellow Tang (we know this answer)- too big
White spotted box fish - too big, death = posioned tank
longhorn cowfish = as above
mandarin fish = starve to death unless you're REALLY prepared to work at it
cleaner shrimp= as above
purple fire fish

Small wrasse , blennies and dwarf angels are the fish for you

NEW2SW

Small Fish
Jun 25, 2006
Thanks guys, now back to the ??? what types of food are good to use besides the brine shrimp that im using now?? pellets, flakes, types of, etc??

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
brine isn't very rich nutritionally...you would be better off feeding frozen mysis shrimp and krill. as far as the frequency of feeding, that is up to you and you will find a variety of different methods. I feed the fish probably twice a week and that is it

Jan 24, 2006
sorry to just get into this thread.

i want to ask camaro why you only feed your fish twice a week. do SW fish need less food then FW fish? i feed my FW fish twice everyday!!

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i prefer to let the fish graze off the live rock and such in my tank. I have a very lightly stocked 55g aquarium (1 bangaii cardinal, two maroon clowns, 1 six line wrasse) with about 75# of LR and a refugium