What is this fish called?

TurbineSurgeon

Superstar Fish
Feb 27, 2004
Dallas, TX
Visit site
Clowns are really pretty strange little buggers. They are all born male, and the dominant fish becomes female. If she dies, the next dominant male then becomes female. Talk about gender confusion ;)

If you got three small ones, there is a chance that things would work out ok, but it would be much better to have them in at least a 55 gallon in case they don't work out well. That way, there may be enough room for the outsider to have his own territory. It is almost impossible to net a healthy fish from a reef or FOWLR tank.

Apr 19, 2004
Bristol
Visit site
If you like clownfish, I suggest you watch Finding Nemo - best film of 2003!

There are many different species of clownfish. For the size of tank that youre looking at I suggest one of the smaller types such as the percula clown.

Another consideration is whether you want an anenomea for the clowns to live in. However if you do go down this route you may need a bigger tank & there are also specific lighting needs.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
jaws101...do you have any idea what you will be getting into with a SW tank? you seem to be asking a lot of really basic questions...i think doing some research would really help you out before you get too deep into this...i notice from your profile that you are 15...will you even be able to afford such a setup? it costs a lot to set up a reef properly