what is this i found one in my tank??????

kb951

Medium Fish
Mar 11, 2011
United States
you sure you just found one? that's crazy how a living thing is in your tank without you knowing you put it in there. Look's like a baby flownder i could be highly wrong.

i found another pic

I FOUND ANOTHER PIC it looks just like that pic i just googled sashimi lol i dont think thats what it is lol i have done my water checks they are fine my fish are fine i had the little white worms problem but got rid of them about 3weeks ago thanks to this website :) then i move a rock and find this thing i dont no what it is i stabbed at it and poked at it and then put it in the rubbish have been trying to find a pic of it thats the best i could find

Attachments

Last edited:
i have lids on all my 6 tanks (cut myself) and do water changes every 2-3 days i do everything to prevent things like this since i had the white worm problem i have never seen anything like this in my tanks but i have only had tanks from nov 2010 i cant find anything about them in books or internet and i didnt keep it to take to pet store so im B.E.E.P... if anyone knows anything about them or how to get rid of them please let me know i have only had the one but i dont wana risk it incase there is more

Mar 26, 2011
Malden, MA
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it was anything really terrible you probably would have found pictures of it in all the books and all over the internet with other people's horror stories. I still vote for some kind of planaria. There are lots of different species, they are very common, but they aren't parasitic and won't harm your fish or you. You may have learned about them in biology class at some point. :)

nanu156

Large Fish
Mar 8, 2010
Detroit, Mi
ok so the sashimi thing was a joke lol... sashimi is raw fish that you eat... like from a japoneese restaruant... generally its tuna or salmon but they serve lots of stuff raw...

the photo of it folded neatly on the plate is some sort of raw invert that crazy people must want to eat lol (I eat sushi/sashimi at least once a week but have never seen that particular plate)

ummm i think you have planeria given the size description, do heavy water changes and try not to feed very often (three feedings a week will suffice honestly your fish wont suffer even if they miss a whole week of feedings)

Planaria Worms - Tiny Wiggly White Worms in Aquarium.

nanu156

Large Fish
Mar 8, 2010
Detroit, Mi
some can, they are pretty stretchy and their size is related to how much they have had to eat, leeches or other inverts are also a possibility.

I am also going with the assumption that the poster didn't whip out a measuring tape to measure one so im unsure how accurate the measurements are....

ever heard the joke about why women are such bad drivers? lol