What Is This??

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I think that its a tube worm of some sort. Does anyone know for sure??? If it is a tube worm what kind??? Is it bad??? It came in with that peice of coral and now there are 2 of them. ?????

Attachments

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
aiptasia....the dreaded glass anemone, you dont want them....they spread everywhere and are bad....I have never had them in my tank luckily, but others have reported that a product called "joe's juice" works well to get rid of them.

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
It is completely safe. Its a product that kills aiptasia... Im not too sure on this but someone told me hot sauce works and thats the main ingredient in a certain aiptasia remover but I dont have the guts to try it, also heard boiling water injected into the mouth, but also, I dont dare try that. Someone will have to verify those claims. My tank got pretty bad with aiptasia blast it while you can.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Something you guys might find kind of interesting Joes juice is manufactered in the basement of Joe's (dont know his last name) house. When we call to make orders he answers personally and when he doesnt answer it goes to home answering message macine...has to be makin some money on that stuff.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
LOL, that is great....I like a guy with motivation and low overhead....on that note, I always wanted to make a real "nano" reef tank package...nice lights, closed loop system, and make it affordable...looking for interested business partners....;)

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.joesjuice.com.

It is far easier to use than lemon juice, boiling water or kalk as the aiptasia will actively eat it, but if you're messy don't expect i do your star polyps or zo's any good.

Bear in mind you are only killing what you see. When they get settled, breeding, you will one only for the rest to grow appear. Killing a lot this way calls for patience and persverance

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
getting a peppermint shrimp can also help with the problem wayne has mentioned. i have found that the peppermint shrimp will then eat any small aiptasia that are developing after you joe's juice the big ones

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
You got it already???????? Crap, I have to check my mailbox. Ever since Sunday my aiptasia has doubled in size and it's moving around and spread. I hate it!! Can't wait to JUICE them. :) Hopefully it will be waiting when I get home.

I don't really get what they are eating in my tank since there is nothing else in there................?