what kind of fish is this????

stamm

New Fish
May 26, 2010
I was at the beach, in the grass flats, and caught this guy with a dip net. It's not aggressive with any of the other fish, and kinda rest itself on the rocks in the tank. It does eat the flake I put in there. And it changes color alot. If anyone has any idea what this is pls let me know.

Attachments

stamm

New Fish
May 26, 2010
what kind of fish??

Ok, after lots of looking, literally days of looking, I have found out what it is. It is a killifish, Gulf killifish. Its a shame no one could help me but thank you anyways

mlipst

Small Fish
Jul 22, 2008
They are found in brackish water (a mixture of salt and freshwater), e.g. the grass flat you found it in. Not truly saltwater. As Fishmonger said they are commonly used as bait.

foxy_puff

Small Fish
Mar 26, 2010
Van Buren, AR
Aw. Poor fish. You may have saved his life from being bait. You should be proud. :) I have a pair of brackish (golden wonder) killis. They LOVE bugs, little crawdads and shrimp. My female killi is rather bland in coloring like that but I think their personalities make up for the pale coloration. They're pretty smart. I'll drop shrimp pellets in the tank for the dragon goby and the killis learned that they can hold onto a pellet in their mouth and it'll dissolve so they can eat it. Lol.