What kind of fish?

EmberC

Small Fish
Feb 6, 2006
Ohio
Today while at my job as a substitute teacher I noticed that the classroom had a fish I really liked in one of their tanks. The kids didn't know what it was and obviously the teacher was gone since I was the sub. I'd like to know what kind of fish it was. It was in a freshwater community tank with neons, some different tetras, and snails. It had a body similar to my cherry barbs, long and slender but it was like a creamy silver white color. It's fins were colored like a rainbow shark. So it was a creamy silver body with red fins. It was about an inch and a half long too. I've looked on all the profiles and didn't see it. Any ideas?

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
So was it slimmer than a cherry barb? If so, it sounds to me like you're describing what's known as a "white cloud mountain minnow." Try a google search for it, and see if it matches what you saw.

Hope this helps.
Big Vine

jobeak

Medium Fish
Mar 13, 2006
Sligo, Ireland
Certainly sounds like a White Mountain Cloud Minnow. If you get a chance tomorrow keep an eye on their under belly fins. I have three White Mountain Clouds and they flare up their fins when they swim together. The fins closest to their Tail Fins on their bellies are quite large and they have a silver line that travels the length of their bodies