what lights?

May 26, 2006
middle of no where
im setting up my 55g and i need to know what lighting and how much i should get. im going to put some mushrooms and zoas in there. i wanted to see what brands you guys have tried, and liked.

Hey Enzo,
It would be risky putting 2 angel fish in the same tank. Even tho they are both Dwarf Angels, they will still fight with each other. Another prob I see is the damsel. The Blue Devil Damsel has well earned it name. Most Damsels are territorial and pester and pick on other fish, regardless of size. The Yellow tailed Damsel seems to be the most calm of the Damsels.
I have a Yellow Tail in my tank and so far , he has been pretty nice to the rest of his tankmates. They are as follows... Coral Beauty,Percula Clown,Yellow watchmen goby,Scooter blenny,Firefish and a Yellow Tang...along with my Yellow tail..... so far ,so good.
But like I said earlier.... it would be risky to put 2 angels in the same tank.

Good Luck!!*SUNSMILE*

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
I would put something rated with atleast a 4ft head and 1100+ gph. These are nice pumps, maybe the 1800 model. If you put a high flow pump from your sump, then you won't need to use powerheads, especially if you spread out the flow between a couple return lines.

Igor The Cat

Superstar Fish
Jul 14, 2003
Seattle, Washington
yes the mags work nicely for sumps, but make sure you get one that has WAY MORE than enough head to pump from your sump to the output into the tank, ive found that you need atleast twice as much rated head as the distance from you sump to the tank.

cheers

-Java