What should I feed my extremely picky betta?

Dec 15, 2007
Tennessee

(Camera phone picture)
Okay, I'm having a dilemma with feeding my new Betta. She's rejecting about all of the food I have given her.

Freeze Dried Bloodworms: For some odd reason, she despises them.

Betta Bits (small spherical food): Eats it, but almost all of the pieces are too big for her mouth.

Betta Flakes: She will eat a few of them (must be really hungry), but only a couple flakes.

Tropical Fish Flakes: Won't even try.

I'm running out of options here, so what do you suggest? I've read that live worms aren't a bad idea, along with frozen bloodworms. Any ideas?

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
Have you tried hikari betta bio gold? My betta loved it.
Also, how long have you had her? They usually dont eat for a few days after you have gotten them, but after about 3 days (maybe even a week) they will start eating

I would be suprised if she didnt eat live bloodworms....frozen are just as good too

Dec 1, 2007
Try some frozen blood worms, even my pickiest of betta love them. If she still won't eat them try soaking it in garlic (chop up a piece of fresh garlic mix it with a little water and let the blood worms soak with it for a few min, then remove the garlic and offer the blood worms, it's a trick I use for new fish to get them to eat, but it works with picky fish too)

And bettas don't need to eat much anyway, two or three of those betta pellets twice a day is plenty. Their stomachs are about the size of their eyeball.