What the hell is this????

hazee

Medium Fish
Jun 29, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Jeez i wonder if that's why some of my penguins died. Would they just eat them or can they poison them/make them sick?

Damn i'm glad i took it out and left it outside. How would that get in a fishtank??? Uggh.. i'm not gonna want to be putting my hands in my tanks too much now. The thing moves fast too like a spider... ick!!

Jun 2, 2005
Luton, England
hazee said:
Jeez i wonder if that's why some of my penguins died. Would they just eat them or can they poison them/make them sick?
No they catch fish and spear them, the one you picture does appear similar to a Water boatman and is maybe a Juv but I think its most likely a nymph of some sort maybe some sort of dragon fly nymph!?

hazee

Medium Fish
Jun 29, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Most likely with live food.....next time you buy a bag of bloodworm or daphnia have a look for the other critters in the bag

I've never given them live food, just frozen blood worms. Could something like that live and hatch and grow after being frozen? Live fish, live plants, no live food. :D I never used to rinse my plants when i first started. Maybe came in on a plant? It's fairly large, 'bout half an inch, so i can't imagine this is a recent thing. I only just started feeding blood worms frozen in the last few weeks when i got my frogs.

I was having another look at the thing and it sure looks spider like when it's in water. It moves as fast as a regular spider too. Double ewwwwwwwwwww FishFriend...hehehe.